Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 2 of Week Three

Breakfast: 1 packet of oatmeal, 1 banana.

I went to the gym last night. Since I haven't worked out in, geez, 3 maybe 4 years now, I'm pretty out of shape.  I did cardio for 20 minutes only, switching between an inclined eliptical machine and the treadmill, because I was afraid that my heart was going to explode out of my chest. Then I worked on the bench press machine, doing 20 reps with 30 pound weights. Then I did 50 reps on the crunch machine, at 30 pounds.  My upper body is pretty sore today. But it's a good hurt.  A hurting that indicates that I did something good.  Right now, I can't work out for very long.  It's a little dissapointing, but I don't want to push myself.  I have to start out small at first.  Nobody walks into the gym the first two times and works out for 3 hours with extensive cardio and weights, it takes time to reach a professional level with anything. I consider myself an intern right now, working my way up to management.

I hate when I'm sharing my new habits and goals with people, and their response is less then interested. I reach out for support, but it seems whoever I talk too is thinking, 'Yeah ok," and I can read it all over their face. That's how some people are it seems though. They are jealous of you finally taking a step in the right direction, so they have to knock you back off course. It makes them feel better knocking you down because it gives them more pride in what they aren't doing. My boyfriend is supportive of me.  He always tells me "Good for you," and even though he may not be, acts genuinely interested when I blabber on to him about what I did that day, or what I did or didn't eat that day. I appreciate that about him. He'd tell me I looked good, no matter how much I try to convince him and myself that I do not.

One thing I do know though, my drivers license information is lying.

No comments: