Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Random Rants and Stuff


I am really hating this day.  First I wake up this morning and my 'friend' has arrived for the month, which is always delighfully unpleasant.  I don't step one foot out the door before being hit with a pounding headache. These kind of headaches do not go away with painkillers...well mine don't anyway.  The only thing that makes these particular headaches go away is sleep. Sleeping is not something I can do at work.  I have to sit at work, on the phone and listen to med students squawk in my ear, demanding for things to be done with them when they haven't even done the proper requirements or sent in appropriate documents for that particular thing to be done.  It's exasperating.  They always claim that 'nobody told me that' or 'weren't aware of that', and it's always the students who have been in school for 2 or more years. How could you not know? How could you not know how much time you are given to study for your board exams? Come on people.

Other than that, I guess I'm glad my 'friend' wasn't here over the weekend.  We took my brothers to the Signature Room in Chicago for lunch, and it was great.  I was pretty dissapointed they didn't put us at one of the many open tables with a window view...so we were stuck staring at table after table of Chinese people.  I have nothing against Chinese people, but there were so many of them in Chicago on Saturday I questioned whether or not we had teleported into China at some point. It started to get weird...everwhere I looked, there were Chinese people.  The food was good. They had Mahi Mahi, some delicious cheesy potatoes, cheesy broccoli, mostacholi, and some other goodies.  They bought a basket of freshly baked bread and these giant tortilla chips on our table, which was good with the spicy vegetable beef soup they were offering. The only thing I guess I could complain about--just a tiny complaint--the waiters are a little too much.  I genuinely appreciate good service, but we'd take one sip out of our drinks and there would be arms shooting from all directions refilling the glass to the brim. One time, the waiter came by to refill my brother's water, but he ran out water half way through. In the blink of an eye, another waiter filled the missing 2 inches with water as he sashayed past like a ribbon dancer in a gentle breeze.  Most people would love that, but I guess we are used to stuffing our faces at Ruby Tuesdays and Red Lobsters and aren't used to that kind of treatment.

After the restaurant we took a wild cab ride over to Navy Pier and rode the ferris wheel. By far the biggest ferris wheel I've ever been on. I remember all of us exchanging nervous glances at certain points.  My youngest brother kept snapping pictures with his cell phone and I kept imagining it popping from his grip like a bar of a soap and smashing into someone's head down below. The air tempurature and wind speed also drops and picks up at the top, which doesn't help calm your nerves one bit.

Well the work day has come to another end, will hopefully try to write tomorrow.

Hugs, Me.

No comments: