Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Quickie: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer (For undereye brightening!)

This is just a quick review on the Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser Concealer. This works as a dark spot corrector and brightener for under the eyes. For a long time I was using a lighter shade of Mary Kay foundation for under my eyes, but I felt like it just wasn't BRIGHT enough. I think having bright eyes is so flattering and makes your face look awake and glowing. Then, I was watching one of LeighAnnSays "Get Ready with Me" videos and I saw her using it and decided to get some myself--the next day actually! I went with the lightest brightening shade I could find (seeing that I'm a ghost) and I am extremely pleased with this.
 
 
 
First things first - When I first opened it, I was completely confused how to use it. Upon opening it, you have to twist it for what feels like 10 minutes to finally get the color onto the sponge applicator. I use this over my normal foundation (Cover Girl 3 in 1 Outlast of course), and you can use as much as you want until you have the desired look you want. Just a side note, my brows are t-r-b-l in these pics, thank jebus for brow pencils;)


Step 1: Wake up, looking fabuloso.
Just kidding. I look like a monster. I had LITERALLY just rolled out of bed and took this pic too. Lucky you.


Step 2: Apply foundation as normal.
Step 3: Give it a couple clicks, and
dab desired amount under eyes. Pat downward and up to the temples.
Step 4: After applying (this is the concealer and foundation ONLY)



Here is a side by side. Now mind you, I had not yet applied setting powder, but I normally will use the brightener, then use my regular Cover Girl pressed powder (the famous one I always rave about), and then pat an ELF translucent face powder under my eyes in the same sections I applied the brightener also because it's much lighter then my face too, so it works great for that.

Here is with all my face on:



 


So overall, I'd give this a pretty good review. It's easy to apply, blends well, and definitely brightens the under eyes (I use this for redness around my nose too). Although I've read some other reviews griping about the packaging/applicator, I actually like it. You can get it for about $10 where sold, and I'd say to give it a try if you darkness under your eyes. If you plan on getting this for a spot concealer for all over your face and not just under your eyes, make sure you get it to match your face and not two shades lighter like I did. I really have no obvious complaints that I can think of with this. If you've used this, let me know watcha think below!

Love thy kitties,
Britt


No comments: