Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Peace Tea and Cat pictures

So I was at Phillips 66 yesterday in Peotone, getting a fiber bar and something to drink when I discovered a new thing called, "Peace Tea". It is definately a rip off of Arizona, and is $.99 like Arizona, but something about it intrigued me. I guess it's the can, because I don't even really like tea in a can that much. But now, I feel compelled to buy one every day and collect the cans. It has a variety of flavors, all straight out of Corona, California and 150 calories per can, (it tried to trick me by saying 50 calories, but then it said 3 servings per can, sneaky sneaky).

But it's good and it's waking me up from my yawning fit I've been having all morning. It's such a bummer that it's warming up now, but then the clouds have to move in and ruin what could be the first perfect day of the year. The clouds make me feel so blah. The sun always perks me up.

So I went to the gym again last night. I started out by going on the demon stairwell of hell. I only managed 6 1/2 minutes though. It is a personal goal for me to surpass even 10 minutes on that machine because it is so rediculously difficult, even on a low setting. It just makes me mad. So mad. I guess a good way to describe it to those of you who have never been on one, put ankle weights on, and go up and down a flight of stairs for 5 minutes, occasionally changing speed. Sure, you think about it and you're like 'They are just stairs, what's your problem?' Yeah, do it consistantly without stopping for 5 minutes, then you'll eat your thoughts.

Afterwards I went on the swinging elliptical for 21 minutes on an 18 resistance setting. I really had to work through the pain, but I did it. I was sweating like a Bill Gates at an Apple convention, but I did it. I didn't do any weight lifting afterwards, I feared I may have passed out.

So again, no tread mill. But I hate them so very much. I just look at them in disgust like that one skank in every bar. I can't really tell you why I hate them so much...I don't know if it's because we are moving but going nowhere? I don't know if it's the fear of tripping and flying off? Or the fact that my ipod earbuds shock me from the friction of my shoes on the belt, or my legs rubbing together? I JUST DON'T KNOW. I do like running outside though. I like the fresh air, and the free reign to go anywhere and everywhere. I know on the ellipticals you move but go nowhere too, but they offer swinging and gliding motions, which are easier on your feet balls and knees. I think that's why I like them better. Who knows? The mind is a mysterious and advanced organ, so sometimes you can't explain things that go on in there, you just do them.

Speaking of mysterious minds...'Crazy' sent me an e-mail last night of a picture of a cat. I have not talked to her in a solid week. She does remind me every morning that she called fed ex for me, but I don't know why because it's not even my job. Without even looking at her I just say, 'k'. I guess she thinks that since I'm the receptionist that calling fed ex is my job. However, I was never told this was my specific duty, I figured that whoever prepares a fed ex, calls for a pick up. But I guess she thinks that anything having to do with mail is my job because sterotypically, it's the receptionist's job? I honestly couldn't tell you. She is crazy, so I have no idea what goes on in that noggin of psychosis. Either way, she sent me a picture of a cat last night, and I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it, so I deleted it. Is that her way of trying to make amends for almost getting us fired? Sending out pictures of cats? A sorry would have possibly helped a little, but I suppose that crazy people have all kinds of ways to communicate, whether it be finger painting, or sending pictures of cats to people. I'll never know.

I do love cats though. I miss my Big Cat. He's just a big furry, bundle of fun who overeats and is scared of the world but I love him. Poster is as much fun right now as a baby just learning to walk. Apparently, he's just recently discovered that he is a cat, and it's a cat's nature to jump. On everything. We have a little plastic candy dish on our counter, and he loves to get Kisses out of it and leave them around the apartment. But the jumping isn't even really a big deal to me...it's those claws! Those damn dagger claws that could slice through sheet metal. I look like a suicide patient the way I have cuts, gashes and scars all over my hands and arms. But I still love him. He's our beautiful little Norwegian Forest Child.

Well that's all for today maybe...I might come back later.

Have a good one ya'll. Go out and enjoy this weather if your not stuck in an office like me:(

No comments: