Friday, June 18, 2010

Emo Kids

It's just one of those Fridays today.  Busy morning, dead afternoon.  I've been sitting here listening to the a/c running in the office for the past hour. I even attempted to convince my boss over the yahoo messenger that leaving early today would be a good idea.  I told him us girls already took a vote on it.  He just sent me back a mad face, so I just assumed that was a no.

Ben and I are going to see Toy Story 3 tonight at The Paramount in shoot-em-up Kankakee.  I would enjoy going to this theater so much more if it was in a nicer neighborhood.  I hate going into movies here and having a bunch of little kids doing the crib walk during the movie, and have Shaqueefa talking to Moniqua as loud as possible on her cell phone about 'this baby daddy and that baby daddy', come on. Plus the staff here is just so SAD looking.  They are all pimply little emo kids with jet black hair swept forward into their eyes, thick rings of eyeliner around each tearful eye. It's so weird. If you hate your life and your job THAT much, go dig a hole in your backyard and live in that.  It'll be dark and cold like your soul.

Seriously though, what is wrong with some of these kids? Have you ever seen the sickishly skinny boys wearing skin tight girl pants with like purple zebra print shoes and a yellow bandana for a shirt? I just don't understand it.  I used to hang out with guys who would dress like that because I went through a slight emo phase myself when I was like 16.  But I didn't dress like a borderline goth, I just listened to a lot more sad acoustic music and started hanging around with 'scene kids' with septum peircings and weird peircings in the middle of their cheeks and whatever other freakishly I'm-screaming-for-attention peircings they could think of.  It got old really fast because I learned the hard way that emo kids are HIGHLY sensitive and easily offended.  If you say one thing that might question their motives it's an immediate drama fest. The guys were actually worse then the girls. One of my emo friends came over for a small drink fest at my house one night and my mom asked him why he had a purse, he replied angrily, "It's not a purse, it's a sachel!' (I swear to God I am not quoting 'The Hangover', this kid ACTUALLY said this, and this was in 2002), my mom replied, "Ohhh, so it's a man purse..." He didn't like that too much, but we had a good giggle over it later. That kid hated me for a long time and probably still does. Heh. Come to think of it, that kid actually worked at Paramount! What a coincidence! 

Well I'm outtie. Not much going on today.

No comments: